The Board of Directors meets at 2:00 on the second Wednesday of each month at PPACG headquarters (see map on left). Meetings are held in the main downstairs conference room (entrance on 14 S. Chestnut). Meetings are guided by the PPRTA meeting procedures.
The Board of Directors consists of nine members and seven alternates appointed by the RTA member governments. Each director serves from January 1 to December 31. The Board makes all the final decisions regarding PPRTA. These decisions include, but are not limited to:
- Annual budgets and budget amendments
- Contracts (including the contracts for administrative, legal, and auditing services)
- Intergovernmental agreements
- Oversight of all PPRTA capital, maintenance, and transit activities, including the review of quarterly reports from member governments for compliance with state law, the PPRTA budget, contracts, and Board policies and practices
- Board financial practices
- Board policies
- PPRTA annual reports
- Board bylaws
- Citizen Advisory Committee bylaws
- Appointments of at-large members to the Citizen Advisory Committee
- Proceedings to go to the voters with a ballot measure
- Board meeting dates and locations
- Inclusion of additional government entities
The Board is governed by its bylaws. All PPRTA Board meetings are videotaped. If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the video of a specific meeting, please call PPACG at 719-471-7080.